95% OFF SPRING SALE! Get your favourite items at the lowest price! Back to the main site

Welcome to Blockify!

Hey there guest, and welcome to our forums! You can choose to join our community by clicking the register button below. This opens up the ability to talk with other members, discuss your favorite topics and more!

Goodbye... For now

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Affixes, May 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Affixes

Owner

Ratings:
    +325
    Hello everyone,

I have an important announcement to make regarding the future of the Blockify server.

The last few months haven’t been easy for us. Due to a consistently smaller userbase, structural failures and many other reasons, we haven’t been able to fulfil all of our desires, such as releasing updates and investing into advertising.

This brings us to a point where I feel like keeping the network online is doing more harm than good. A lot of pressure is being put on staff to remain active, and it is hard for players to find something refreshing that is interesting to play. I definitely understand this and try to show empathy.

Our main problem right now is dealing with low player counts, however despite there being ways to bring these up, that would not bring Blockify into a more workable situation. I’ve realised that resetting the same gamemodes over and over again with the same feature set works temporarily, but is not a proper long-term solution. This is why we set out to invest in newer innovations like the Skyblock reset, something new and completely custom.

This has had our main focus over the last few months and continues to be over the next few. The consequence is however that we end up in a vicious circle. Working on updates, means a hold on advertisement and a decrease of players. However, it’s not like one problem fixes the other. Everything needs to be in place for our strategy to work, which how unfortunate it is, is taking considerably longer than we wish. Our current gamemodes are taking the hit on these consequences.

We’re at a point now where we know that these features will take a while to complete and do not want to have the network die under it any longer. We’d rather just temporarily shut down for now, until all is sorted and we can get back to being the bigger, better and stronger network that we were.

So yes, Blockify will temporarily shut down. Over the coming months we will be working on a full network reset (yes - other gamemodes are at this point in need of an update as well), with the focus remaining on our premier Skyblock server. We will re-launch before the summer months (June-July).

While the main network is offline, a Vanilla game server will be hosted on the same IP to keep everybody busy. @Someone_Uknown is taking main lead on this so I can focus my full time on re-creating an enjoyable gameplay experience. More detailed information will be shared on this soon. The Vanilla server will go live shortly after our temporary shutdown. This will happen on Wednesday, May 10th, at 9PM GMT (or 5PM EST).

To end, I’d like to take the opportunity to thank each and everyone for your continued support and believe into our network. You guys are what gives me my drive and passion, so know it doesn’t come unappreciated. Right now, most of you probably have many questions, but rest assured these will be answered soon. Over the coming weeks and months, you will all be updated on our progress.

Thanks for now,
    Jesse (Affixes)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. palaz16

palaz16 Member

Ratings:
    +34
    Honestly the last few months have been pretty rough, it's been hard to come online and keep interest in the server... but like many players I still love this server and I'll do anything to help it. This announcements are what keep me going... I know for a fact that blockify will come back stronger and better.
    I just can't wait for the new updates.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ThoJulMic

ThoJulMic Blockify Staff

Ratings:
    +514
    Wise words!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Tiiger

Helper

Ratings:
    +198
    I think you deserve a break, Jesse. It will be better than ever when the new server is released! :)
    Sad to say goodbye but it is the best thing to do.

~Tiger

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Red_Katana_001

Ratings:
    +19
    Hello,

I am sorry that the server has to shut down, but I wish everyone the best of luck with the updates.
    To help the server in the future, maybe there could be a new gamemode like a creative plotworld or some sort of mitigate possibly? I would love to help if there is anything I could help with.
    Anyways, I wish everyone a good day,
    Greetings,
    Red

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. xX_AlexPlays1_Xx

Ratings:
    +4
    I am shocked at the sudden out burst that the server is closing temporarily But never the less i understand. I has been rough. I have often came on when there is only 1 or 2 players online. Many People that have ranks said to me they would join Blockify again, once the new updates where coming out.

Anyways Good Luck On the new updates and I hope it goes well for you and the team. I hope you add some of my suggested ideas and I wish Everyone a good day on this server-changing event.

Peace <3

7. Vllzion [Duck]

Vllzion [Duck] Newcomer

Ratings:
    +1
    So even I could come back!
    wowie!

-Vllzion [ Pelr ]

#7 Vllzion [Duck], May 7, 2017 at 9:10 AM
    Last edited: May 7, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Jaaoo

Jaaoo The cake is a lie!!

Ratings:
    +145
    Pretty much nailed it, I can't wait for a new and refreshed Blocky either <3

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Affixes

Owner

Ratings:
    +325
    This is definitely something we are looking into at the moment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Red_Katana_001

Ratings:
    +19
    Also, does this mean that the staff applications will be shut down? If so, does any currently submitted application count as an attempt?
    Hope to hear from you,
    Red

11. Kman2003

Kman2003 Newcomer

Ratings:
    +2
    Affixes I actually enjoy playing on your server and I would like to see it more populated and returned to its former glory

I love factions and I would LOVE if you kept that part of the server
    thank you

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Mets926

Mets926 Newcomer

Ratings:
    +9
  13. Sepher

Administrator

Ratings:
    +514
    Proof?

14. Hqro

Hqro Newcomer

Ratings:
    +0
    I Would Just Like To Say I Apologize For All The Things I Did On The Server Like Being Disrespectful, Greifing ETC. SORRY

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.