95% OFF SPRING SALE! Get your favourite items at the lowest price! Back to the main site

Welcome to Blockify!

Hey there guest, and welcome to our forums! You can choose to join our community by clicking the register button below. This opens up the ability to talk with other members, discuss your favorite topics and more!

KitPvP Announcement

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Affixes, Jan 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Affixes

Owner

Ratings:
    +325
    UPDATE: KitPvP has now launched!

Hey all!

It's been a while since our last announcement, but as you know... We sure as hell have been busy! It's currently 6:34AM as I am writing this (proof), but boy am I happy to announce that KitPvP is finally here!

There's lots of stuff I'd like to cover, so let's jump right into it. It is going to be, awesome.

The Map
    Since this is our first KitPvP server, it's always difficult to come up with a map we think players would enjoy. Collectively we've decided on an awesome, space-themed build of which the spawn sets place in a spacious rocket ship. Some of the pictures can be seen here: http://imgur.com/a/fdd4m

Feature Highlight
    It wouldn't be a surprise if I said the server has been pumped with awesome features! But it's true when I say we've created a one-of-a-kind experience that not many other KitPvP servers out there offer. Here's just a glimpse of the things you can expect once we go live!
    1. Leaderboards
    Although KitPvP obviously focuses on becoming better at well... PvP, it's also fun and challenging to see who's at the top of the leaderboards! For this reason, we've created several top 10 lists that are available via a handy-dandy menu through /leaderboards. From here, you can check out who's got the most kills, the highest level, ratio, streak and even the most amount of deaths. True winners are also displayed on our "Hall of fame" in spawn.

A preview of the Leaderboards GUI.
    [​IMG]

2. Duel Arenas
    We've got 5 awesome 1v1 duel arenas where you can fight it out using a variety of cool pre-setup arena kits! Access to these arenas is extremely simple. Just challenge your opponent with /duel <player>, select a kit and the arena... Now wait for acceptance! A few pictures of the arenas: http://imgur.com/a/8kVJv

3. Chat Tags
    What's a good ol' PvP without a little bit of chat banter. Well... Introducing: Chat Tags. A collection of (for now) 4 awesome packages that make you stand out in chat with memes like "Keemstar" and "VapeNation", or candies and statuses like "KitKat", "GoldDigger" and "StarBoy". Each package, available from the store, contains 6 awesome chat tags.

Chat tags will show up as the following.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    4. Leveling System
    The levels system that you have gotten used to from gamemodes like Factions has made its way to KitPvP. Level up, gain more hearts, and beat the scores on the leaderboard. This is just a fun little way to make PvP a bit more exciting, and for dedicated players to earn a little bit of a reward.

5. Kits
    We have tried our utmost best to make all the kits as balanced as possible, including those received by donator ranks (more on that below). We think we've nailed it, however please forgive us as this gamemode is very new to us and we are open to improve! Donator kits will get you a slight advantage, but nothing that was unbeatable in our testing. You can easily get the same donator gear from the shop (You earn money by killing/voting/...) - So we're excited to see how this plays out.

Kits are available from a cool GUI, see below.
    [​IMG]

6. Enchantment Tokens
    A huge part of KitPvP is also based upon the enchantment token system you know from our other gamemodes. Using tokens, earned from voting, crates or directly from the store, you can level-up your gear to include special custom enchantments. This time, not only regular gear, but items like Nether Starts and Blaze Rods have been made available to enter the battlefield! (Both items can be found in the /shop)

7. Gangs
    Gangs are also a known Blockify feature and have made their way onto the KitPvP. A fun little way to start your own alliance, and chat in a "party". Let people know you belong to a group and fight until there's only one man standing! All good fun of course.

8. New Donator Ranks
    We're also happy to announce the addition of five new Donator ranks: Fighter, Legend, God, Overlord and Champion. Each rank has its own special abilities (From commands to colors and even vaults), which you can find here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kdQhM3kjzEtrWLHZ0URpiH44WqpMA87AAT6NOIy9fg4 .

The contents from each kit can be found from within the in-game /kits GUI. And yes, of course the famous /menu command has been added to this server as well! Additionally, we've added tokens, in-game money, crate keys, and the brand new level & money boosters to the store!

9. Much More...
    Such as... The famous auction house, a bounty-placing system, brand-new and updated GUI, new server crates, shop with awesome items, trading options through a GUI and more...

Release Information
    So... If you're as excited as we are, here's how you can get in:

On Saturday, January 28 at 10:30 AM EST:

KitPvP will be available from within the server menu for all of you to join!
    Until then, you might see our awesome staff pop in and out to test some features!

We hope to see you all then!
    (Even though I will most likely not be there for long because Drake is coming to Amsterdam and oh my god)

See ya,
    Jesse (Affixes)

#1 Affixes, Jan 28, 2017 at 6:26 AM
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  2. MercuriusHg

MercuriusHg Founder and CEO of M and J Enterprises

Ratings:
    +58
    Wow! Affixes you really have outdone yourself! This new KitPVP gamemode looks so exciting and I cannot wait to try it out. So much effort has gone into this and from the little tease in this post it looks like a very fun and exciting gamemode! I'm feeling the hype already

3. Hawaaii

Hawaaii Very Active Member

Ratings:
    +192
    wooohoo!! kit pvp hype hype

4. Klu

Klu Active Member

Ratings:
    +109
    KitPvP hypee!!! :p

5. Tiiger

Helper

Ratings:
    +198
    HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE! Most fitting I am number 1. :) <3 Fite me kidz!

6. TemDaDud

Helper

Ratings:
    +64
    Woop! Have been waiting for this for a long time!

7. InstanceOfPlayer

InstanceOfPlayer Very Active Member

Ratings:
    +162
    KitPvP hypeeee! Been waiting for this for ages :p

8. Jaaoo

Jaaoo The cake is a lie!!

Ratings:
    +145
    HYPE HYPE HYPE

Great work Affy :D

9. Desii

Desii Very Active Member

Ratings:
    +232
  10. Alfie

Alfie Newcomer

Ratings:
    +2
    Looks Awesome! Still a bit angry that I have to wait another day :(
    When is KOTH coming as well?

~Alfie

11. Dafrost03

Dafrost03 Active Member

Ratings:
    +30
    Amsterdam always wanted to go there.

12. DyBear

DyBear Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Leez goo Boiiiis!!!!!!!
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 30, 2017, Original Post Date: Jan 30, 2017 ---
    Oh and Amazing work affixes and other staff members that helped!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.