95% OFF SPRING SALE! Get your favourite items at the lowest price! Back to the main site

Welcome to Blockify!

Hey there guest, and welcome to our forums! You can choose to join our community by clicking the register button below. This opens up the ability to talk with other members, discuss your favorite topics and more!

The state of Blockify

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Affixes, Apr 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Affixes

Owner

Ratings:
    +325
    Hey all,

It’s been a while since our last concrete announcement, and I can imagine you are all very interested in the state of Blockify. There are some important details I would like to share and since we’ve got quite a bit to cover, let’s jump right into it.

What’s going on with Skyblock?
    In an earlier server announcement, we mentioned that a long-awaited Skyblock update was on the horizon and planned for release in Q4 of 2016. Once we started getting deeper into development, we realized that bringing out another Skyblock update wasn’t going to benefit our situation. Launching the same thing all over again would not be a high enough standard and definitely a disappointment for our players.

For this reason, the last 2-3 months have been very busy and committed to bringing you an entirely new Skyblock experience. Something that blasts all the competitors into the dust. This required a total rewrite of the server with tons of custom, game changing features and player integration. Unfortunately, this takes a lot of time and will continue to in the coming weeks/months (we do not have a concrete ETA, but our aim is the end of May).

We want you to know we definitely understand the importance of the server and do not take our community for granted. We should have been more clear about what’s going on and apologise for not being as transparent. We’ll do better next time, and that's a promise. Meanwhile, advertising has stopped until the new Skyblock server has released.

We will have a proper announcement out soon (within the next month hopefully) with more details about the new server. Until then, we appreciate your patience and continued support. We need it now more than ever.

Survival Update
    In the near future, we will be launching an update for the Survival server. Our current setup is over two years old and having trouble fitting on our drives due to size issues. This will also mean goodbye to the old and abandoned Towny plugin, along with the thousands of issues we were having with it.

We are still undecided in what to do with the server, and you can influence our decision by voting on our poll, available here: https://strawpoll.com/a5byb85

Events Team and Server
    With great help from the management and administration team, we have established an internal events team responsible for organising events and community get-togethers. In an update later this week, the events server will be added to our network. Once one is on-going and live, you can access it via the /server GUI. Otherwise, joining will kick you out immediately.

Website Redesign
    You might have noticed it already (actually… it’s impossible to read this without noticing it), however our website has received a major redesign! Our two year old, self-made website had to make room for something a little sleeker and professional. Our homepage has been updated with useful new information such as the latest updates, current player count and Twitter feed. Other pages have also been completely re-done! We hope you’ll enjoy :)

Bi-weekly Updates (starting Mid-April)
    Starting mid-April, we will start pushing bi-weekly server updates to the entire network, meaning that every two weeks there will be something new to enjoy. You may keep up with our updates via the new, bi-weekly forum posts available on this website. Other important Blockify topics will be discussed there as well.

Winners Christmas Competition
    Last Christmas we held a competition to see who would build the best Santa workshop. We forgot, messed up and thought it would look weird to announce the winners 4 months later. We’ve decided to go ahead and review all the builds and hand rewards to those who deserve it anyway! We don’t want your hard work to be for nothing.

The following results are based off of ratings from 10 staff members combined. Winners will receive Amazon giftcards and one-time store vouchers as announced in the initial thread. Please contact me directly if you see your name on this list:
    • 1st place: Sugarpop19
    • 2nd place: Glory_Pride
    • 3rd place: OsamaTheCrafter
    • 4th place: AnotherCrash
    • 5th place: Klu
    Apologies
    And finally, I just want to apologize for the lack of updates and activity from my side of things. I’ve been very busy with all these different projects, as well as some other things that I manage – but that is not an excuse. I will work hard to improve and provide you guys with proper and consistent information in the future.

Thanks for your support!
    ~Jesse (Affixes)

#1 Affixes, Apr 9, 2017 at 1:38 AM
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 6
  2. ThoJulMic

ThoJulMic Blockify Staff

Ratings:
    +514
    Lots of cool stuff, excited!!!

3. palaz16

palaz16 Member

Ratings:
    +34
    This is great! So many new features! I really can't wait to see them all!
    It's great to hear this server is still moving forward, the amount of effort put from the owner and the staff team is just incredible.

Can't wait to see all the new features!
    This is so exciting!

4. Tiiger

Helper

Ratings:
    +198
    THIS IS LIT!!!!
    Keep up the good work Jesse! <3 :)

5. Jaaoo

Jaaoo The cake is a lie!!

Ratings:
    +145
    Can't wait!! Sounds awesome!

Great job on all that stuff :)

Edit: And congratz to all our winners regardless, good job on your builds! :3

#5 Jaaoo, Apr 9, 2017 at 10:50 AM
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  6. munch99999

munch99999 Newcomer

Ratings:
    +10
    Thanks for the updates Affixes. All these updates on most of the game-modes sound awesome, but what about factions? With much respect Affixes, I think we can all agree that the factions game-mode is going downhill, every week there are less and less players. From what used to be one of the most successful game-modes on blockify to the least played game-mode. What will be done to resurrect this once fun game-mode? So please consider this as a reminder, the factions stables are still here waiting for help. I know you probably won't read this, but remember this, the factions game-mode is in jeopardy of being completely dissolved. Thank you for understanding.

Many thanks,

-Munch

• Like Like x 3
  7. Affixes

Owner

Ratings:
    +325
    We understand that the Factions and Prison servers need more attention too, however we can only focus on a few things at a time. We will have something in the works for both gamemodes after we finish our current scheduling. Do keep in mind however that advertising has stopped for the last few months (and will continue to until the new Skyblock server launches), which is the main reason why servers like Factions seem to be "dying".

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. TemDaDud

Helper

Ratings:
    +64
    Wooop Skyblock update!!! Also I think 4/5 of the winners quit :p

9. xX_AlexPlays1_Xx

Ratings:
    +4
    Will this mean that SkyBlock will have a complete restart? With everything that has happened replaced?
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 12, 2017, Original Post Date: Apr 12, 2017 ---
    Also OsamaTheCrafter quit Mc
    Glory_Pride quit the server
    Another Crash; I havent seen him in a long time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.